6/2/09

June

It's June and a brand new beginning for my family. My husband retired from the USAF last Friday, and the best way I can describe a formal military retirement ceremony is a cross between a wedding and a funeral with a lot of saluting thrown in the middle. Of course, we're not "retired" retired. We are still young, and the husband is ready to embark on his second career. The kids are middlish school age, and it's time to stop the moving around. I'm ready for roots. I'm tired of being a potted plant.

So, what am I doing now? Looking for an agent. Finishing up a fun boy mg. Twiddling with more absurd picture book ideas, and trying to get my house ready for market. Oh yeah, and taking care of my two sons and my three cats.

Right now I want to stop and wave at all my Nebraskan friends who have found me. Thanks Nona, for getting the word out. It's so great to reconnect!

And now .. back to work .. because I told the husband I was working on the novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment