6/5/09

On Rejection

First off, please do not respond to this post with condolences, or "I'm sorry's" or "awww, geeze's." If you do, I'll be forced to practice voodoo or something else dire, because I just refuse to weep over rejections and when people weep for me, I get irritated.

Yes, I got a rejection, yesterday. No, I'm not broken up over it. I have other things to worry about right now. Maybe somewhere deep down I do care, but I just don't have time to deal with the emotions of a piece of paper that says no. Maybe it's because the spouse is on the roller coaster of job hunting, and I'm getting so used to ups and downs and no's, that I just consider it all part of the ride. There's no need to pump me up. I am not deflated.

The only thing that remotely bothered me about it is that dh and I have a pattern of receiving some kind of rejection on the same day. But it didn't happen that way yesterday, so whew!  But yes, for a moment I got the feeling of "Oh crap, now dh will get bad news."

So, it was a good rejection as rejections go. And now I know I have a better focus and idea of what I need to do. 

So that's that. No condolences. No weeping. No sadness. There's not any of that here. Now off to clean out the attic, while the morning is still cool.


2 comments:

  1. A good rejection to me is when they write my name. Today I was just Dear Writer.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejection is definitely part of the ride. Being rejected also means we have risked putting our work out there. If we don't do that, then we won't be rejected, but we also won't be published.

    (No cleaning the attic for me this weekend--or the basement! "Just" a weekend at home.)

    ReplyDelete