1/10/09

Writing For the Fun of It

Although we do have to be mindful of the business end of writing, I think it is important to not let go of the fun and joy of creating. It's hard. It's tough. It's darn right exasperating at times, but when the work is done - polished, threads cut, edges sanded, lumps smoothed - we can look back and marvel at this thing we have made, with help from Providence (God, the Almighty, the Universe, the voices in your head, whatever drives you.)

And that's what I aim to make this blog about. Having fun in the middle of the ups and downs of the business.

I also tend to be irreverent and sarcastic, so I'm just warning you before we get started.

3 comments:

  1. Sarcasm is good! I love your flying birdy! My dad is a bird photographer, so I have come to appreciative birds very much (and have a manuscript of bird poems as well...).
    Here's to your blog taking flight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! Glad to see you on the blogosphere. :) Hope to see more of your posts!
    hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lil,
    We're friends from Facebook and the BlueBoards. I'm starting up a new website with BIRDS on the homepage. I'm a birdwatcher...and a writer...and a teacher. I love your birdy theme. When my website and blog are up, I'll fly it over to you.
    C.E. Walz

    ReplyDelete