1/2/09

It's 2009!

Happy New Year. If you add all the digits in 2009, you'll get 11, which is one of my favorite numbers. So that would mean luck, eh?

For the first time, I subbed a novel just at the close of 2008. It's a verse novel. I find I have an objection to the word "free" for some reason, and scattered verses in this book have calculated near rhymes and a definite rhythm. I think a better name for it would be squooshed novel. Because in verse, you take the equivalent of I don't know.. a huge chunk of chapter and squoosh it into about 100 words.  Of course squooshed does not sound flattering, so I suppose verse novel is much the better name for it.

Happy New Year to you all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan of the word "squooshed" as we use it quite a lot in our house. It might mean something different here in the south, though. Example: I'm all squoosed on the couch! Someone's got to sit on the floor!

    Okay, maybe it means the same wherever you live. :)

    ReplyDelete