1/31/09

Meet my new writing mascot


I went into Tuesday Morning to purchase a pair of ceramic birds that I saw a few days ago. Then I spied this warped cat. I had seen the same figurine in Hallmark, but this was one was 70% off retail. Whoo-hooo, discount tacky!

I decided she'd be my new mascot. Her name is Boxina (box EE nuh), because she's well... squarish. And she'll remind me to think outside the cat. Do you think she can scare away my inner critic? Oh wait, my inner critic will just fall over laughing looking at this thing. 

But she is sooooooooo me. 

6 comments:

  1. Come on, you bought her for the specs she's wearing...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,you are correct Anne. They had another one without glasses, and less gaudy. And a larger one who was blue with pastel colored DOGS on her ... but this one .. yes .. this one with the specs .. I had to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does Boxina have antennae, or am I imagining them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they are antennae, but I believe they are part of her hat. That's a red rose with some black feathers behind it, and the two beaded antennae sticking up. There are black feathers around her neck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boxina, you are looking positively purrfect--

    ReplyDelete